- Researcher - The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
- Assistant - How can that be?
- Researcher -Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
- Assistant - Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
- Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
- Assistant - But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
- Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."
For younger or non American readers, Howard Stern is a 'shock jock' radio host in the US one of many who provokes his audience by not simply parroting back to them what they expect to hear but challenging their preconceptions, attitudes of provincialism, puritanism and hypocrisy and most especially lampooning sacred cows.
- If you wish to hear only from one particular Kriya Yoga Group, why not simply go to their site or a sponsored forum and discuss how much it works for you?
- If you are wishing to put down a particular Kriya Yoga Group, why not simply go to their anti-site (it's rather like atomic theory!) or anti forum group and discuss how bad they are and how they don't work for you?
Apply the science of religion - question everything, verify everything and meditate! You will be tuning more deeply into Dwapara Yuga and Yogananda! As the Chinese Proverb has it "Be careful what you wish for - you might just find it!"
Friends - Free speech is truly a wonderful thing. I thank everyone for comments and reviews. It is such a pleasure to be able to discuss Yogandaji's teachings, even with those who from their actions wish only harm to those who do not agree with them.
"Thou art our Father. We are made in Thine own image. We are sons of God. We neither ask nor pray like beggars, but demand as Thy children, wisdom, salvation, health, happiness, eternal joy. Naughty or good, we are Thy children. Help us to find Thy will in us. Teach us to use independently the human will (since Thou gavest that to us to use freely), in tune with Thy wisdom-guided will."